Sunday, August 19, 2012

High School best friend.

Today is Sunday.
I love Sundays because they are usually the day I rest.
Well, as much "rest" as a mom can get I guess.

On Sunday we try to go out to breakfast as a family at our favorite place, the Sultan Bakery, where we have gone for 16 years, in fact, when I was just 17 years old I worked there. I would eat all the chocolate donuts and drink coffee.
{I was a great employee.}

But today, on this Sunday, I had a very exciting date. With my best friend from High School. She and I were partners in crime, the kind of best friends that could be together for 10 days straight and not get sick of each other. We would do some pretty crazy things like:
  • Drive at speeds of 80mph and get pulled over, and then have to come up with a good story that we were in a high speed chase because someone was chasing us. {and they believed us}
  • Get in a car accident, while driving 80mph, not see a corner, and crash into 2 cars which caused the cars to crash into a garage. {her dad owned an auto body shop, thank goodness!}
  • Eat Hootowl burritos for lunch everyday.
  • Sit at Dennys and smoke cigarettes. {my double D boobs came in handy when you are underage and want to buy cigarettes.}
  • Skip School.
  • Sneak in after being late on curfew.
  • and cruise around at night looking for boys.

We were the best of friends.
Life got in the way and we lost contact. We didn't really talk or see each other for almost 11 years until today.
You know you are best friends when after 11 years you see each other and it is as if you never had skipped a beat. I hugged her today and I felt as if I had just seen her yesterday.
We had lunch and reminisced about old times.
We laughed alot.
We picked up right where we left off.
And then promised eachother that we would never let 11 years go by again without seeing eachother again. ever.


No comments:

Post a Comment