Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Tuesday is garbage day

Today is Tuesday.
That is garbage day in my cookie cutter neighborhood.
Last week on garbage day my son went out to put something in the garbage can on the curb and it was full of maggots. Not just a few either.. it was the biggest clump of maggots I have ever seen. Then he puked on the sidewalk and ran in the house. I thought about letting the dog just go out and lap it up, because thats what 3 kids does to you, but I went to ALL the work and grabbed the hose instead.
Somedays are so awesome being a mom.

I love the feeling of things getting purged.
Purging garbage and all the unnecessary STUFF is good for a soul.
Feels clean and fresh and maggot free.

This week I am cleaning out my closets, drawers, my garage {gasspp!} and getting rid of the clutter in my life. It feels soo great. I have decided that my closet is a little excessive with clothes. I dont wear most of them, and to celebrate getting rid of 12 pairs of pants, I went to the store and bought a red pair of party pants. Yah... a great pair of party pants that I can wear to the next fun party I go to, and everyone will know that I am ready to celebrate! {dancing in red pants.. oww oww! imagine it!}








I also have been purging things in my heart. Letting go of certain garbage that I hold in there, and cleaning it out. IT feels good to clean out your heart once in awhile.

I will be having a yard sale this weekend at my yellow jacket house {it is yellow and black and looks like a yellow jacket} and I am really looking forward to getting rid of everything. I have all sorts of odds and ends and treasures and then just some plain ol' junk. And the kids will sell ice cream sandwiches and we will hopefully make some money for new school clothes and more party pants.
I will be sure to post pictures for you to all see.
#myyardsalesarethebomb

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you're just living the dream. I can just picture you in your new party pants hosing puke off the sidewalk. Laugh

    ReplyDelete